Business Intelligence Based on Well-Defined Road Map Strategy
With increasing pressure on organizations to find new and better ways to reduce costs, enhance services and comply with regulations while creating and sustaining competitive advantages, one of the most important assets a company possesses is its data.
When information does not flow properly within an enterprise, data becomes an additional cost of doing business instead of facilitating growth. Units can behave like silos, diminishing economies of scale and the transfer of important information about enterprise performance and the competitive environment.
Game-changing Insights to Drive Success
Compunnel knows having an integrated information management strategy can yield game-changing insights and help drive success by aligning actions with business strategy to maximize outcomes and minimize risks. We work with clients to redefine the way information is sourced and consumed in their organization.
We develop a comprehensive and value-driven Information Management Road Map to maximize benefits from business intelligence, data governance and master data management initiatives. Knowing where you are is the first step in your journey to achieve the next level of data management, reporting and analytics capabilities, as well as the ability to strategically use information to make better decisions.
Our Road Map Strategy enables any organization, no matter how complicated its current information architecture is, to become an information-driven organization that maximizes the value of information from disparate corporate data assets.
Multidisciplinary Approach & Industry Experience
Our professional team employs extensive consulting and industry experience to assess your company's ability to transform data assets into actionable intelligence. Our team uses surveys, client interviews, observations and internal documentation to understand strategic objectives, the current state, challenges and the desired state on the information management maturity model across four key dimensions – human capital, process, technology and culture.
Compunnel evaluates a client’s performance against recognized best practices in eight main focus areas:
- Vision and Strategy – Is the value of our information assets understood? Are they being properly leveraged to create a competitive advantage?
- Information Capture, Content and Quality – What information is captured and available to end users? How good is it? Is it available in the format that users need? Are there redundant data silos or an integrated single version of truth?
- Information Usage – Is information made available to the relevant users in a timely manner, and is it being used effectively in all the relevant areas?
- Human Capital– Are the right balances of resources, skill sets and capabilities being deployed in the Business Intelligence and Information Management area?
- Process– Is information being managed as a key asset of the business? Are all governance, policies, standards and information management processes in place and working?
- Technology – Are appropriate technologies being used to effectively support information sourcing, data quality, reporting and analytics, management and usage?
- Culture – How do organizational and personal values, beliefs and behavior norms influence the information sharing and flow?
- Investment – Are investments being made at the right level and in balanced ways? Is ROI understood?
We use the assessment, a gap analysis and industry best practices to generate recommendations, which are categorized and proiritized by how critical they are to your success. The recommendations include both the short-term for "quick win" projects and other immediate improvements and the long term for a full-fledged strategy to reach the next level of information management maturity.
Action Plan to Reach Desired Results
The road map provides your organization with concrete steps to reach your desired state through incremental improvements. Specifically, we:
- Help you understand your current data, reporting and analytics capabilities and how incremental improvements can be made for more effective decision making
- Develop recommendations based on best practices for closing the gaps for each dimensions, keeping in mind the uniqueness of your organization
- Develop reporting, analytics, data architecture strategy, vision and a high-level target solution
- Define a road map and “quick win” project opportunities
- Develop an action plan with specific action items highlighting key areas that need improvement with timeline and cost estimates
Contact us to today to learn more about how Compunnel can help your business define a clear road map to take you to the next level of information management maturity and better equip your organization to anticipate and conquer any challenges it faces going forward.